Did you have slip or fall injury in Miami or Miami Beach? First thing you should do is get a full examination so you can recover as quickly as possible. Don't let injuries linger, using Ice and Heat to heal will only go so far. Here at Cafe of life chiropractic, we asses the damage to your body in a slip or fall and give you a professional detailed diagnosis for your injuries. This will also help you in your slip or fall injury claim. Sometimes you just don't know how serious the injury can be until you uncover the underlying issues of your pain. Whether it's the neck, back, knees or hips rest assured, we will find out the problem areas and give you the best treatment possible for your injuries.
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a slip or fall accident, it's important to remember that the steps you take immediately following the incident are crucial to building the best possible case.
Here are five steps to take after a slip or fall accident:
5 Steps to Take After a Slip or Fall Injury Accident
- Seek Medical Treatment. Your health—or the health of a loved one—should be your number-one priority following a slip or fall injury. If you've been hurt, it's important to see a chiropractor so that your injuries can be properly documented. Those medical records will be important pieces of evidence should you decide to seek compensation for your injuries.
- Report the Accident. No matter where the slip or fall accident happens—in a store, on a sidewalk, or at a friend's house—make sure you report it to a manager, owner or landlord. Remember to get the details of the incident in writing—ask the manager, owner or landlord to make a written report, and request a copy before you leave.
- Document Everything. It's important to collect the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for all potential witnesses. Their statements could help prove your claim if you decide to pursue a legal claim. Also, remember to take pictures of the EXACT location where you fell and make sure to photograph any stairs, icy patches, or other conditions that contributed to your accident. Jot down what you were doing right before the accident, the way you fell, and any other details, including the exact time and date. Also: Place the shoes and clothing you were wearing during the accident in a safe storage place. They may be relevant pieces of evidence later.
- Decline to Give Statements. Remain calm and limit your communication with the property owner or manager. Do not post any details related to your accident on social media. Decline to give a statement to an insurance company until you've spoken to an attorney. Do not place blame—and don't take any.
- Call an Attorney. When considering legal action, the best person on your side is an experienced attorney. Since many slips, trip, and fall cases are complex and difficult to prove, you are best served by the resources of a successful law firm. We have the experience, knowledge, and track record of success to recover the money you deserve.
Here is more information below on what you can do for slip or fall injuries and how to go about the claim process in the link below.